POTENTIAL SITE EVALUATIONS
Every open space may not be appropriate for a new cemetery section or a new cemetery location. Cemetery Management Solutions (CMS) offers site consultation services that review and evaluate potential properties for new cemetery use. With results provided to organizational leadership in written and oral format upon request, the report may include:
- Strengths and weaknesses of the proposed property
- Natural burial feasibility
- Potential development challenges
- Photographs of specific features
CMS does on-site inspections to evaluate and assess the property for operational and profitability feasibility. Photographs are used to enhance the recommendation based on potential success to document areas of concern.
If you thinking about a potential new site, or site expansion, contact CMS to help you evaluate the situation.
State and local governing authorities have applied specific requirements for the development of new burial property sites. In partnership with your attorneys and legal counsel, Cemetery Management Solutions (CMS) will thoroughly assess applicable laws. Based on clients in many states and personal experience working in many other states, CMS knows the questions to ask and legal counsel knows how to find the answers.
Why not start with the right information on possible requirements and restrictions? Contact CMS to discuss your needs and together we will start the review process.
When an organization considers the option of developing a new cemetery, careful consideration should be given to determining the feasibility of such an endeavor. From researching the market to identifying infrastructure needs, Cemetery Management Solutions (CMS) can develop a business plan that provides key information for the decision-making process.
Results of the study may include:
- Market receptivity
- Identify overall project costs
- Identify infrastructure needs
- Recommend pricing and products
CMS knows that no two projects are the same. Special attention is given to each situation and a customized study will be completed for each location. Contact us to discuss your needs.
POLICY AND PROCEDURE DEVELOPMENT
An established organization needs clear policies to ensure administrative consistency. Procedures direct the intended operational outcomes. Having both in place enables the organization to meet the goals and objects determined at the outset of every development project.
Services include review and writing of:
- Interment Right inventory reviews
- Rules and Regulations
- Employee manuals
- Cemetery Policies
Cemetery Management Solutions has more than 30 year’s experience in writing and reviewing policies and procedures manuals that address all phases of cemetery operations. Contact us to help you get started on the basics.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN STARTING A NEW CEMETERY
If you or your organization are considering investing in a new cemetery, advanced thinking on different levels can make a difference between success and disappointment.
- Identify GOALS AND OBJECTIVES for the new property. Discuss with stakeholders the intended outcome of the project. Without clear goals and objectives, success is difficult to measure.
- Identify the TARGET MARKET. Knowing who the property will serve helps to determine how the project should be developed. Will this be columbaria seeking to serve seniors? Does the market need an additional veteran property? Will the property operate as a natural burial site? Now is the time to determine market receptivity before taking the next steps.
- Identify PROJECT COSTS. Investigate the potential expenses related to the goals and objectives of the project. Attention to pre-development cost is as important as construction cost. Consider contractors for excavation, permits, equipment lease and construction materials along with pricing and staffing for a complete cost analysis.
- Identify INFRASTRUCTURE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES. What will the new property need to ensure care of the property and the families it serves? This step will lead to the development of rules and regulations relevant to the objectives of the project.
- Identify STAFF AND SALES FORCE REQUIREMENT to ensure delivery. This phase will also include recruitment and training.